Shelly Horton’s High School career guidance counsellor told her she was too opinionated and warned her to tone it down. Instead, she ignored him and turned it into a career!
Shelly is a journalist, TV presenter and producer and her opinions can be heard multiple times each week on Channel 9 in Australia.
Shelly is also not afraid of open and honest conversations about difficult topics. So I knew she’d be the perfect guest for Sparta Chicks Radio.
In this conversation, Shelly and I discuss:
- the early days of her career (which started in radio) including the very personal reason she didn’t explore a career in TV,
- the “soul-destroying” conversation with her boss about her weight that destroyed Shelly’s confidence and derailed her TV career for almost 2 years,
- the goal-setting course (and the exercise she learnt at that course) that fundamentally changed her life,
- the biggest myths around confidence,
- her experience with the Imposter Complex,
- how she deals with online trolling and public criticism, and
- her experience with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and how she manages it
Visit the Sparta Chicks Radio website here
Follow Sparta Chicks Radio on Facebook: facebook.com/SpartaChicks
Follow Shelly on Instagram: instagram.com/shellyhorton1